Answers to Common Questions About SFFCU Loans
- All borrowers must be full service Credit Union members with an open and funded Share Savings Account (minimum funding of $5 for individual accounts and $10 for joint accounts)
- Borrowers and co-borrowers must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
- Primary borrowers must have a share account under the primary borrower’s name and SSN
- Co-borrowers must be named as either owner or joint owner on an S1 share account (note: joint owners who do not meet the field of membership requirements are ineligible for loans)
- Access our online banking system or SFFCU mobile app, select the Applications widget, and follow the instructions to apply online. Use this method to submit all information electronically, upload required documents, and check the status of loan applications at any time,
- Call our Member Services Center at 1-888-521-5209 between the hours of 7am – 7pm CST, Monday – Friday, and complete an application over the phone with a Credit Union Specialist.
- Borrower/co-borrower information (name, Social Security Number, date of birth, email, contact phone, address)
- Employment and income information
- Collateral information (when applicable)
- Requested loan amount & term
- Type of loan
- Method to receive funds
- Repayment options
- Proof of income (must be current and valid)
- Sales agreement for all vehicles purchased through a dealership
- Auto/Truck Worksheet for private party purchases, some dealer purchases, refinancing from another financial institution, and applying for a loan using an auto or truck for collateral. If financing another vehicle type complete the Boat/Motorcycle/RV/Other Vehicle Worksheet.
- Payoff Information Form – required for refinancing from another financial institution and private party purchases if the seller has a loan on the vehicle you are purchasing
- Copy of the vehicle title for private party sales (upon approval if no lien exists)
- Copy of the lease buyout agreement, along with the total amount required to finance including applicable taxes, is required for members wishing to buy out their current vehicle lease
- In cases of debt consolidation, a list of accounts you wish to consolidate and current balances
- Log in to online banking, selection the Applications widget and enter the application system. Select the specific application desired to see the current status.
- Call our Member Services Center at 1-888-521-5209, between the hours of 7am – 7pm CST, Monday – Friday.
- State Farm payroll deduction
- Schedule recurring online transfers to have payments withdrawn from another financial institution or from an SFFCU share savings account
- Automatic payment through ACH from another financial institution
- Loan coupon book
- Funds can be sent directly to the dealership via overnight check or wire transfer. Funds are wired the same day if processed prior to 2pm (CST).
- For private party purchases, funds will be payable to the seller either by overnight check or wire transfer.
- For refinance transactions funds will be sent to the lienholder.
- Funds can be deposited into the member’s share account and then transfer funds to an external account, using online or mobile banking.
- Funds sent by overnight check or wire transfer to member.
- For debt consolidation loans it may be required that checks are made payable to creditors and sent overnight to member.
State Farm Federal Credit Union
PO Box 853944
Richardson, TX 75085-3944
For overnight mail/payoffs, please make checks payable to State Farm Federal Credit Union. Include your name, account and loan number in the memo line. Overnight payments to:
State Farm FCU
1415 State Street Suite 1000
Richardson, TX 75082
- Set up payments from another financial institution using online transfers
- Log in to online banking and set up a recurring scheduled transfer in the Classic tab of the Transfers widget. If making payments from an external account, you’ll need to set this up as a transfer account first.
- Call Member Services Center at 1-888-521-5209 between the hours of 7am – 7pm CST , Monday – Friday, and complete ACH enrollment over the phone with a Credit Union Specialist
- Transfer funds from your Share Savings Account
- Mail check payments using a coupon book (a coupon book will be automatically mailed to you if you do not set up ACH payments)
- Loan preapprovals
- Purchases from dealerships
- Purchases from private sellers
- Refinances from other financial institutions
- Lease Buyouts
- Loans using a free & clear auto or truck title as collateral. (This excludes RVs, boats and other watercraft, motorcycles, other on- and off-road vehicles.)
- New and used private passenger autos
- RVs (examples: motorhomes, travel trailers, campers)
- Boats (32 feet or less in length; any watercraft requiring Coast Guard documentation & Ship Mortgage is ineligible)
- Personal watercraft
- Trailers – for personal use only (examples: motorcycles, boats, horse/utility/cargo trailers)
- ATVs & UTVs: Certain vehicle collateral restrictions may apply
- Salvage, rebuilt, reconstructed, and gray market vehicles
- Custom built vehicles
- Vehicles with a branded title or issues determined during underwriting (e.g., lemon, flood damage, etc.)
- Vehicles designed or used expressly for commercial purposes
- Vehicle assembled partly or wholly composed of parts from a non-traditional automobile manufacturer
- Farming vehicles, tractors, lawn mowers
- Any watercraft that requires Coast Guard documentation and Ship Mortgage
- Commercial watercraft
- Worksheets can be found in the Quick Links section of our online banking system.
- Call our Member Services Center at 1-888-521-5209 between the hours of 7am – 7pm CST , Monday – Friday, and complete a worksheet over the phone with a Credit Union Specialist
State Farm Federal Credit Union
PO Box 853944
Richardson, TX 75085-3944
- All SFFCU share accounts must be held in corporate names and require tax IDs.
- All borrowers must be a member of the SFFCU.
- The individual co-borrower must also have an individual account open under their own Social Security number (SSN).
- All officers of the corporation must meet the eligibility requirements for membership in the SFFCU.
- A copy of the Articles of Incorporation listing all officers is required at the time of opening the share account in the corporation name.
- A natural person co-borrower is required on the loan. Sales agreements must include the natural person borrower; it cannot be listed solely in the business name. If a title is received in the business name only it will need to be corrected.
- The title or lien must be in the name of the corporation, LLC, or partnership, along with the individual person.
- All loans in the name of a corporation or business entity account are automatically considered to be for business purposes.
- All individual or joint loans with a stated purpose of business expense of the natural person co-borrowers are combined with loans in the name of a corporation/business entity to determine the $49,999 aggregate threshold.
- If the vehicle is to be titled in the name of the business, it is automatically considered for business purpose.
- A credit report is generated on the individual borrower. We do not generate reports for a corporation, LLC, or partnership.
- Loan documents, including the loan application, must include:
- A signature of a corporate, LLC, or partnership representative listed as an Authorized Person in Section 2 of the Corporate/Business Entity/Organization Membership Statement form.
- The signature of the individual as a co-borrower.
- Loans made to a sole proprietorship or to a sole proprietor in their name are considered to be loans made to an individual.
- Log in to online banking and select the Line of Credit Advance Form in the Quick Links section. Advances are processed in the order received between the hours of 7am – 7pm CST , Monday – Friday.
- From your SFFCU mobile app, access the Message Center. Tap Compose and select the subject “Line of Credit Advance Request.” Answer the eight questions and submit your request.
- Call our Member Services Center at 1-888-521-5209 between the hours of 7am – 7pm CST , Monday – Friday, and request an advance over the phone with a Credit Union Specialist
Answers to Common Questions About SFFCU Share Savings Accounts
- Online Transfer: move money online between your Credit Union accounts and accounts at other financial institutions using the Transfer widget in online banking. Transfers can be initiated by members to send and receive money through Credit Union account(s). All requests initiated by 2 pm CT are posted the next business day. NOTE: It may take up to three (3) business days for a financial institution receiving a transfer to post it to a member’s account.
- Check: you can request a check to be mailed to your address on file. Members also may go to the Member Care Station at Corporate Headquarters and request a check in person. Call ahead request for check “pick up” is not available. Additionally, the Member Care Station is not able to process cash withdrawals.
- Wire Transfer: wire transfers can be used to send or receive funds electronically the same or next business day (wire transfer requests received after 2:00 p.m. CT are processed the next business day). Refer to our Rate & Fee Schedule for wire transfer fees.
Convenience: because we’re a State Farm benefit, you can automatically contribute to savings accounts and make SFFCU loan payments using payroll deduction from your State Farm paycheck. Watch your savings grow and never miss a loan payment.
Security: your deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). Additionally, you can rest assured that your State Farm Federal Credit Union is focused on maintaining and growing your savings through our conservative management approach.
Personalized Service: not only are we a benefit for State Farm employees, agents, retirees, and qualifying family members, we’re State Farm employees too! We understand your needs, and work to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
Online & Mobile Banking
Answers to Common Questions About SFFCU Online & Mobile Banking
We recommend using one of the following browsers when logging into online banking: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or Firefox.
- Add a password to your account. Make it unique. In order to verify your identity, when you call or visit an SFFCU location, an employee will ask you to provide this password.
- Never share your online credentials or passwords with anyone. Providing this information is a first class ticket to your account.
- Contact the credit union at 888-521-5209 if you suspect you’ve been a victim of a scam or you believe fraudulent activity has occurred on your account.
For example, if you make a loan payment every month (even to another bank or credit union), scheduled transfers can make that happen automatically from your credit union account. This takes the hassle out of remembering to make payments and helps ensure you don’t forget or fall behind.
Maximum limits include:
- Daily: $50,000
- Weekly: $100,000
- Monthly: $100,000
Answers to Common Questions About SFFCU Membership
All borrowers must be SFFCU members and qualify according to current Credit Union guidelines.
Email links are for general inquiries only. They are not secure email. For your protection, please do not include confidential or sensitive information such as social security numbers, account numbers, etc. when using this email link.
When a member terminates their employment relationship with State Farm for a reason other than retirement, they become a Limited Services member of State Farm Federal Credit Union.
Limited Services Members may:
- Continue to use their primary Share Savings account, including making deposits and withdrawals
- Maintain their existing loans until they are paid in full (but may not request additional advances on lines of credit)
- Access account statements online using E-statements
- Access account information through our online banking system and mobile app.
- Attend and vote at the State Farm Federal Credit Union annual meeting
- Log into our online banking system or mobile app and add your external financial institution as a transfer account. You can then set up one-time or recurring payments directly from your external account to your SFFCU loan account.
- Call Member Services Center at 1-888-521-5209 between the hours of 7am – 7pm CST, Monday – Friday, and complete ACH enrollment over the phone with a Credit Union Specialist.
- Transfer funds from your Share Savings Account.
- Mail check payments using a coupon book (a coupon book will be automatically mailed to you if you do not set up ACH payments).